...because it seems there is not alot of Nexstar SE Info out there

The idea for starting my own website/blog came to me when I was looking for information about the Nexstar SE series telescopes on the internet. There are a couple of amateur sites out there (check the list of sites on the left) as well as the official Celestron website but I found that most of these sites were sometimes catered to the seasoned amateur astronomer and were a little difficult for me to understand. So I decided to write down my experience with this telescope so that maybe someone else might benefit from it. Oh - and I don't have any connections to Celestron - I only chose the orange color for the blog since I thought it would go nice with all the pictures of an orange telescope ...

Saturday, January 9, 2010

just some boring pictures of the whole setup


New finderscope and red dot finder are installed
Now that i figured out how to attach the new equipment to the telescope, here are some pictures of the final setup. I've also included pictures of my other eyepieces as well as the crayford focuser which i had "left over" from my older 8" Meade LX10.






And here are the pictures of my accessories: 

40mm TS Super Plössl eyepiece and crayford focuser 




Set of three bushnell eyepieces (16.8mm, 10.5mm, 7mm) for planetary viewing, set next to the TS 40mm for size comparison: 










5 comments:

  1. ..not so boring, really... very impressive, well done.
    Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marc, good blog, I got the same setup so please feed with more pics and videos if is possible.

    Regards,
    Gustavo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gustavo - thanks for the positive feedback. I just balanced my OTA tonight and will add some pictures in a new blog post : ) Great to hear from you - i saw some of your posts on cloudynights : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I been a member more than a year, I got the Celestron 130EQ, and finally get the budget$$$$. Looking forward your next info.

    Regards,
    Gustavo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marc,

    How is the 6 SE with terrestrial photos? I'd like a scope for both ski and earth and am having a tough time finding one. Any help?

    ReplyDelete